Roles are used to give employees permission to access locations, dashboards and HMI's in reutrn allows them to complete various tasks in Whisker.io's administrative portal
There are (3) pre-defined roles that are established when your account is created. The initial user will have access to all available default roles. Additional users will need to be assigned roles. Roles can also be assigned to locations and or dashboards. We'll discuss that later in this article.
The (3) default roles* are as follows:
- Admin: Complete control over Whisker.io and is allowed to provision new products/kits
- Manager: Complete read/write access to Whisker.io -less permission to provision new products/kits
- View: View access only -no ability to edit or delete anything
|Account Admin Role||X|
|My Credit Cards (obsolete)||X|
|My User Info||X||X||X|
|Add/Edit Alert Contacts||X||X|
|Access To Whisker.io (Read-only )||X||X||X|
* It's highly recommended to leave the default roles provided above -as is.
However, you are more than welcome to create as many new roles as you wish to manage. Dependent on your business model, roles can be modified to fit your needs. It's not out of the ordinary that some roles might overlap each other in certain cases.
Roles can be broken down by:
- User(s): To control access to Whisker.io basic functions/tasks (See grid above)
- Location(s): Control access to users that can add, edit locations
- Dashboard(s): Control access to users that can add, edit, and delete dashboards
- HMI(s): Limits who can view, modify and execute remote commands