Changing the name of a sensor/device/appliance is easy to do in Whisker.io. Let's discuss the steps below!
- Log into Whisker.io (your user in Whisker.io must have the permission/role of "admin" or higher.
- Select your desired location from the map or table view
- Under your desired location, browse to the table view and click on your device.
- Select the configuration (gear/cog) icon for the sensor/device/appliance.
- In the sensor/device/appliance editor, locate the name field and change your name as you wish.
- Save your changes when done. Changes take effect immediately.
NOTE: If you are moving a sensor to a different type of machine or appliance (like moving a sensor from a fridge to a freezer or visa versa), you will want to update your (temperature) alerts to reflect the appliance the sensor is now in.