Let's discuss the troubleshooting steps below (this document does not cover our patent-pending universal soap dispenser monitoring system).
- Ensure your dispensers are not mounted next to hand sanitizer pumps. This can greatly affect reporting standards of true hand washing. Unfortunately, hand sanitizers are used for frequent quick "washes", rather than safer, chosen method of using soap and water.
- Properly identify your HyGene.io soap dispenser(s) and give each one (5) full depresses of the dispensing bar. Dispensers report data every 5-minutes. You may check this information in Whisker.io portal after 5-10 minutes.
- If pumps are registered, the unit(s) are working.
- If the pumps are not registered, the unit(s) will need to be replaced.
- If you are mechanically-inclined, you my try to unplug and plug back in the battery pack to the board.
NOTE: The battery pack can only be serviced by authorized D6 Labs' personnel.
- Open the dispenser lid (buttons are located on either tops or bottoms of dispensers).
- Locate the battery pack and follow the wire leads to where they connect to the PCB board.
- Use a small screwdriver to depress the connector's (Molex) locking mechanism.
- Unplug the battery pack for a few seconds.
- Snap the connector's end (Molex) back into the PCB board.
- An LED light should start blinking temporarily.