In rare instances where Bluetooth connections fail with FoodSafe.io™ Mobile App, you might need to re-pair your Thermoworks thermometer with the FoodSafe.io™ Mobile App.
This document will walk you through the very short process, step-by-step.
- On your ipad, find and tap "Settings"
- In the left-hand menu, tap, Bluetooth -and ensure this feature is turned "On".
- Next, from the left-hand menu, find and tap "FoodSafe.io Mobile".
- Ensure all options for FoodSafe.io are enabled.
Clearing the probe's memorized connections:
Before beginning, ensure your BlueTherm One thermometer is turned off. Also ensure the iPad's Bluetooth setting is turned on.
- Press and hold the yellow button down permanently.
- The display will show the software revision -IE: "r 1.03"
- Then, it will show the current probe temp or "ERR" (for about 5 seconds)
- Next, you will see “cLr”
- After that, “bond” will be displayed.
- The current temperature should now be displayed and all previously saved Bluetooth pairing information should be cleared from the unit. NOTE: If you see "ERR" displayed on screen, ensure you have quick-read stainless-steel probe inserted into the thermometer.
Pairing/Re-pairing your Thermometer with FoodSafe.io:
Pairing a new or cleared approved thermometer to FoodSafe.io (NOTE: Do NOT pair the thermometer to the iPad itself.)
- Launch FoodSafe.io and log into an account with admin/manager privileges'.
- Open the navigation circle and tap the gear/sprocket icon for "Settings".
- In the list on the left-hand side, locate "Temperature Probe" and tap it.
- If you are prompted to reconfigure the probe, select "Yes".
- Select your probe type from the dropdown menu.
- Ensure your probe is turned on and tap "Start Scanning".
- Once the probe is detected and configured, tap the "Next" button. This should return you to the home screen of FoodSafe.io
You should now be ready to complete digital food safety checklists.